You will be contacted via a phone call or email (your preference) to schedule your cart cleaning.
On your scheduled day, the CartWash.com truck will arrive at your home. After the cleaning is done, a tag will be placed on your carts so that you will know they have been cleaned, sanitized and deodorized.
Only industrial-grade residential trash and recycling carts (35-, 65-, and 95-gallon) are eligible for this cleaning service. See the FAQ for additional information.
STEP ONE: Before our cleaning professionals begin, each cart is checked for debris. Anything left behind will be bagged and placed back into your cart, after the cleaning process has been completed. If there is too much debris left in the cart, your cleaning will be rescheduled for another day and a trip charge will be applied.
STEP TWO: After the initial inspection, the cart is taken to the rear of the CartWash.com cleaning truck. A hydraulic lifting mechanism will lift the container, placing it over a specially designed pressure washing machine. The pressure head rotates at high speed in all directions and effectively blasts any debris inside the container. The Hydro-Chem system heats the water to more than 200 degrees, which is then captured inside the truck so that it does not go down the homeowner’s drains. The outside of the cart will simultaneously be pressure washed by a CartWash.com employee. A fresh scent will then be applied to the cart.
STEP THREE: After the cart cleaning process, the hydraulic lift returns the container back to the location from where is was picked up, and a removable tag will be placed on the handle to confirm the cart has been cleaned. The cart will then be fresh, clean, and ready for future use.
- CartWash.com uses a hypoallergenic solution that has a naturally pleasant scent and does not employ chemical fragrances. Our mobile units are environmentally friendly and employ practices that do not leave debris nor runoff water behind.
- Frequent cleaning of trash and recycling carts reduces the risk of infection and hazards from viruses such E-Coli, Salmonella and Listeria. Our all-natural solvents kill 99.9% of germs and fungi, as well as viruses.
- It is important to remove leftover yard waste from your carts so that they do not become breeding grounds for maggots, flies, mosquitoes, ticks, roaches, rats and mice, which can pose major health risks.
- The cleaning process also eliminates putrid odors that can linger from food waste, kitty litter, diapers, and yard waste among other things.
- Our self-contained cleaning system complies with all EPA regulations and is environmentally friendly.
- Clean trash carts make taking out the trash a more pleasant task. You don’t have to worry about accidentally smudging your clothes or encountering unwanted smells or creatures. Clean carts can also make your home and property look and smell better.